125 g unsalted butter
90 g caster sugar
1 large egg
250 g all-purpose flour
1 tablespoon cold water (if necessary)
- Put butter and sugar into a food processor and whiz until just combined. Add the egg and whiz for 30 seconds. Add flour and process for a few seconds until the dough just comes together. (Be careful not to over-process or the dough will become tough.) Add cold water if the dough seems to dry.
- Knead pastry dough on a lightly floured surface. Shape into a flat disc, wrap in cling film and chill for 30 minutes before rolling out.
LEMON TART FILLING
3 large eggs
6 large egg yolks
270 g caster sugar
300 ml double cream
juice of 3 lemons
Lemon Zest from 1 Lemon
- Roll out the chocolate pastry on a lightly floured surface and use to line a 28 cm (11 inch) tart dish.
- Heat the oven to 190° C (375° F). Line the pastry with parchment paper and fill with baking beans. Bake “blind” for 15 minutes; the sides should just begin to colour. Remove from the oven and remove beans and parchment. Egg wash the bottom and sides of the pastry case, return to oven and then bake for another 5 minutes until the pastry base is cooked and lightly golden. Lower the setting on the oven to 110° C (230° F).
- Whisk the eggs, egg yolks and sugar together in a large bowl until pale in colour. Add the cream and whisk to incorporate. Add the lemon juice and whisk to combine (this will thicken the cream). Strain the lemon filling through a fine sieve into a large jug.
- Pour half of the lemon filling into the pastry case. Place the tart dish on the bottom shelf of the oven. Pull out the oven shelf halfway, keeping the tart dish level, and pour in the remaining lemon filling. Carefully push the shelf back into the oven and bake for 50 to 60 minutes until the filling is almost set. It should have a slight wobble in the centre. Place on a wire rack and leave to cool.
1 Punett Raspberries
Blend with spoon of castor sugar and water strain through a sieve and ready to display on a plate